Friday, April 2, 2010

My first day at Kelab Syabas


On the 28th of March 2010, was my first day attending tea-Kwan-do classes at Kelab Syabas in Petaling Jaya. The class was held in the squash court opposite the swimming pool. The squash court was very small and hot. The session lasted between five o’clock to seven o’clock.

As I walked into the squash court, I saw a lot of students with black belts and red-black belts. My friend and I were the only ones who were red belts. Then I looked around the squash court while looking at the black belts and then I thought of stretching. So, I did pushups, sit ups, jumping jacks and other stretches.

As my tea-Kwan-do master walked in, everybody lined up neatly in five rows. Then, he greeted us and the monitor of the class gave the signal and we greeted him politely. Then, he asked us to do some more stretching to avoid cramps. After a few minutes of stretching, my tea-Kwan-do master asked us to do some tea-Kwan-do patterns.

It was very hot in the room. Everybody was sweating non-stop including me. Then, a few people said, ‘’ Oh my God, I feel like dying!’’. It was like we have been touché red. But even though everybody was tired, my tea-Kwan-do master still made us go on. I was so thirsty.

An hour later, my tea-Kwan-do master said, ‘’ All of you can go and drink water. I was the first one to come out from the squash court and rushed to my water bottle and drank it. It was like I haven’t drunk water in days. After that, I went over to my tea-Kwan-do buddy, Simran and chatted with her.

After fifteen minutes of resting, my tea-Kwan-do master called us all to come back to the squash court to carry on doing tea-Kwan-do. Then he said, ‘’Now I will get you partners. Then I want you to do some sparring with that partner and when I say ‘drop’ I want you to drop your partner and please take turns dropping each other,’’.

Then, my tea-Kwan-do master picked a ten year old boy to be my partner. He was totally annoying. Then he said, ‘’Fight!’’ everybody started sparring at their partners. When the boy kicked me it was so painful. So, he made me so angry I kicked him to. When, my tea-Kwan-do master said, ‘’Kaman (which means stop)!’’ everybody stopped and bowed at each other.

Then, it was almost five minutes to seven. So my tea-Kwan-do master said, ‘’ before you leave I want you to do punching ten times!’’. So we did what we were told. Then the clock struck seven and it was time to go home at last. Even though I was tired, I had a really good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Advert

NANG THIS POST, NANG THIS POST, NANG THIS POST